The Duclaux family traces its history back to the 17th century from when Louis Duclaux was the Mayor of Chateauneuf du Pape in 1627. This notable position continued in the family until 1831. Jerome Quiot took over full responsibility for Domaine Duclaux in 1987 and in 2001 this domaine was given by the last owner of the Duclaux family to Jerome Quiot's two children: Florence and Jean-Baptiste.
30 acres are planted predominantly with Grenache and Mouvedre, along with other varieties such Syrah, Counoise, Vacarese, Picpoul, Terret Noir and Muscardin. The vines are planted over three different parcels and the Mourvedre was mostly planted right after phylloxera.
A particular distinction of Domaine Duclaux is that the vineyards are largely planted with the different varieties mixed together in the same parcel, which allows for later harvesting, with the grapes being much riper. As well, the variety of soil types ensures maximum quality of the grapes. All harvesting is done by hand, with very severe selection of the best grapes.
This property is noted for its old vines, some of which reach over 100 years old.